Soft, healthy, flowing locks are something we all want, and not just for the sake of beauty! Having healthy hair is a sign that our bodies are well on the inside too. When our hair is dull, dry or isn't growing, it can be a sign that there are areas underneath that need some really good support. Whether you're dealing with hormonal needs, postpartum hair loss, recovery from acute illness or something else, here are a few tips, tricks and favorite products that can help your hair get back to its glory days!
HEALTHY HAIR RECOVERY PROTOCOL
- NingXia Red
- SulfurZyme Powder
- Mineral Essence
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol
- Rosemary, Cedarwood, and Lavender Essential Oils
NingXia Red Ningxia Red is a powerful antioxidant supplement drink made from wolfberry puree, blueberry, plum, cherry, Aronia, and pomegranate juices and essential oils. It is the highest known protection against free radical damage and is rich in ellagic acid, polyphenols, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals. In addition, it has 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, beta-carotene, and vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E. Our bodies need all of these things to promote healthy, soft, shiny hair!
SulfurZyme Powder (or Capsules) Sulfurzyme is a unique combination of MSM (the protein-building compound found in breast milk, fresh fruits, and vegetables) and the Ningxia wolfberry that helps with healthy hair, skin, nails, and joints. MSM or methylsulfonylmethane is an incredible support tool for our bodies. It helps the body produce the antioxidant glutathione, which repairs cellular damage. It also boosts both collagen and keratin production.
Collagen and keratin are what give hair strength, durability, and that “healthy” look — and they can help reverse hair loss. Hair, skin, and nail cells all contain large amounts of keratin, which contains sulfur and needs to stay strong. Boosting collagen and keratin production helps you fight back against damage from the inside out.
We recommend the powder for best absorption, but the capsules could be used if you prefer. Mix your SulfurZyme into 2-4oz of NingXia Red and take twice daily for best results! Some people choose to double up on the dosing for more acute needs.
Mineral Essence Ever thought about using Mineral Essence on your scalp for hair growth? Well, it works! In addition to adding Mineral Essence to your daily NingXia Red (great for hair growth and overall health in general), you can actually apply this incredible supplement directly to the scalp to promote hair growth and health. To use: Simply drop Mineral Essence onto the scalp and massage in gently. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, then wash hair with a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo.
DIY Hair Growth Spray This simple DIY spray packs a big punch with hair-loving oils like Cedarwood, Rosemary, Lavender, and Sandalwood. When you add this to the other daily habits, you can see some amazing results!
- 30 drops each of Rosemary, Cedarwood, and Lavender
- A bottle of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Hydrosol
- Add essential oils to the RHS Hydrosol and invert to gently mix.
- Shake well before using, then apply to the scalp in the morning and evening and brush through with a dry brush. Continue using twice a day for 3 months.
Other Healthy Hair Tips
- When it comes to hair health, here are a few daily tips for encouraging and maintaining healthy hair.
- Use natural, sulfate-free, hydrating shampoo and conditioner. We love the Copaiba Vanilla or Lavender Volume Shampoo & Conditioner.
- Use Mirah Lustrous Hair Oil on the ends of the hair to prevent damage. We like to do this after washing or wetting the hair.
- Opt for claw clips or loose cotton scrunchies over tight hair bands.
- Consider a silk pillowcase to reduce frizz for hair with a natural texture or wave.